South Bay Project Resource (SBPR), Bay Area Hearing Voices Network (BAHVN), and Western Mass Recovery Learning Community (RLC) presents
Peter Bullimore & Kate Crawford, Sheffield, UK
SAVE THE DATE
Saturday, April 25, 2020
11:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Registration begins at 10:00 a.m.
Location: Willow Glen Community Center
2175 Lincoln Avenue, Room 3
San José, 95125
Please check the Events Web page for updates at https://southbayprojectresource.org/category/events/
Click here for PRINTABLE PDF SAVE-THE-DATE FLYER .
Registration: T B A
Fee: $40.00 for family members, health care professionals and allied health care workers―clinicians, mental health community workers, family support workers.
FREE for persons with “lived experience”, i.e., experiences paranoia and unusual beliefs.
Workshop Content Will Include:
This 1-day training is designed for persons who are interested in learning about coping with paranoia and making sense of unusual beliefs.
• The History of Paranoia
• What does Paranoia mean to you?
• The role of fear in Paranoia
• Identifying the links between trauma and belief systems?
• The three stages of Paranoia
• Using the three stages (Case studies)
• Triggers & Warning signs
• Working with unusual beliefs
• Decoding beliefs
• Understanding body state information that can trigger paranoia
• Case studies
• Personal experience of recovery
Participants will learn:
On completion of this training, participants will be able to:
• Take a critical and thoughtful perspective on traditional ways
of understanding paranoia & unusual beliefs
• Understand the potential pitfalls of the claims made from other therapies
• Take a respectful and ethical approach to the experience
of paranoia & unusual beliefs
• Understand the potential connection between trauma and the experience
• Develop new ways of talking to and working with those that have these experiences
PETER BULLIMORE BIO
Peter is a voice hearer who spent ten years as a psychiatric patient enduring many bouts of severe paranoia.
Through learning holistic approaches and with support of the Hearing Voices Network he was able to reclaim his life from the system. He facilitates a hearing voices and paranoia support group in Sheffield. He also runs his own training and consultancy agency, Asylum Associates, and is the founder member of the Paranoia Network.
KATE CRAWFORD BIO
Kate works as a lecturer delivering trainings around recovery principles and values to mental health professionals while drawing upon her own lived experiences, bringing the theory to life. She has also spoken at conferences and delivered trainings on various mental health topics in a variety of settings both nationally and internationally. Kate has been a trainer for the National Paranoia Network and the Hearing Voices Network since 2005, and is a Hearing Voices Community Group group facilitator.
National Paranoia Network
Western Mass Recovery Learning Community
South Bay Project Resource
Bay Area Hearing Voices Network